H2020 : Ayming supports the european project PUReSmart : PolyUrethane Recycling towards a Smart Circular Economy
The PUReSmart collaborative consortium seeks ways of transitioning from the current linear lifecycle of polyurethane (PU) products to a circular economy model.
The coordinator is the Belgian company Recticel.
The project was launched on 1 January 2019 for a duration of four years.
It is supported by EUR 6 million in funding from the European Union Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme.
Thermoset PU products such as flexible and rigid foams are long-lasting, durable and useful in many different applications. They are among the six most important plastic materials produced worldwide and promote comfort and safety in daily life.
Compared with thermoplastic materials, recycling thermoset PU is a much more challenging process. The PUReSmart project will explore new methods, technologies and approaches in order to overcome these challenges and transform PU into a true circular material.
The PUReSmart consortium is an end-to-end collaboration spanning the entire polyurethane reprocessing value chain, and comprises both industrial players and dedicated research partners.
- Recticel NV (Belgium) : the coordinator of the project
- Covestro Deutschland AG (Germany) : a world-leading manufacturer of high-tech polymer materials
- BT-Wolfgang Binder GmbH (Austria) : offers expertise in the sensor-based smart sorting of end-of-life materials
- WeylChem InnoTec GmbH (Germany) : is a well-reputed contract development and custom synthesis company that will develop brand-new building blocks for PU
- Ecoinnovazione SRL (Italy) : a research and consultancy firm in the field of lifecycle sustainability assessment
- Ghent University (Belgium) : at the heart of the breakthrough in the development of new molecules for recyclable materials
- KU Leuven (Belgium) : has a long history in catalysis expertise
- Universidad De Castilla – La Mancha (Spain) : will support the project with its experience in recycling thermoset PU
- Ayming (France) will provide project management support and guide internal and external communication initiatives
|Acknowledgement : This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under grant agreement No 814543.|
Bart Wallaeys (Recticel), Project Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: +32 93 68 95 00; Recticel NV, Damstraat 2 – B-9230 Wetteren, Belgium
Maud Bossard (Ayming), Project Management Officer: email@example.com. Tel: +33 4 72 35 51 15